Shakespeare Theatre Poster: Much Ado About Nothing

This was the last piece I created in my first year however will always be my favorite, I created this piece for a poster in the Garrick Theater in Litchfield for a Shakespeare play of my choice and I chose Much Ado About Nothing as I know the play well which would help me with ideas and designing my final piece. I used and changed a Photoshop brush to create the heart, I had to make it into a shape and distort it as my own to make the piece work. I managed to create an original looking piece with using limited colours and old styled type for the small print. The title I found on 'dafont.com' it was called 'Fatal Romance' which I thought suited well with the image and the romantic and comedy feel to the play. I added to the type to create the typographic affect of the words colliding into each other however now looking back to it I could have done this without creating letters bigger and obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment